Wishing you a safe Christmas
At this time of year we all want to have a good time, putting up the decorations and enjoying good company.
Here are just a few tips to stay safe at Christmas with more information available from the Fire Service‘s website.
1. If you have an open fire, please make sure you have had your chimney swept ; keep a fireguard up especially if you are leaving the room ; and do not hang flammable decorations from the mantelpiece.
2. Fairy lights are pretty but don’t overload electrical sockets and make sure you switch them off when you are out or going to bed
3. If you are buying a real Christmas Tree make sure it’s fresh. Older trees can be tested by banging the trunk on the ground…if the needles fall off it’s not fresh ! Make sure it is stood in water all the time and do not place it close to a heater or open fire.
4. Candles are being used now in more and more homes. Make sure, when lit, they are placed on a heat proof surface or in a container, and well away from curtains or soft furnishings. Even tea lights can cause serious damage. Always make sure they are well out of the reach of children or pets and that you extinguish them fully when leaving the room or going to bed.
5. Always make sure you have smoke alarms fitted and that they are working efficiently.
Wishing you all a very Happy and safe Christmas from AccommodatingU.com
38 Broken Cross,
Phone: 01305 265869
Mobile: 07941 601809